The following are the research topics included in this resource!
- Jim Crow Laws
- The Freedom Riders
- NAACP, SNCC, SCLC, CORE
- The March on Washington, 1963
- The Selma to Montgomery Marches
- Loving vs Virginia, Plessy vs. Ferguson, Brown vs. Board of Education
Print and digital versions available!
- Google™ Slides
- The PDF Print version comes in two templates: group project and individual project. Students have the option to choose the type of project they would like to do (PowerPoint, poster, video etc.).
- You may determine this is not the best choice for your classroom and that is fine! You may choose to limit their options to 3 choices, or you may have students only create a PowerPoint, it is totally up to you what works best for your students!
- Blank rubric template included if you want to create your own version!
2. Research Topics
- The sheet contains the research topics, and have questions for each, which will serve as the basis for research when students go to look up their topic.
3. Planning Sheet
- If completing the research individually, a sheet is included for students to take notes on their research and the sources they are using to gather information.
- If doing a group project, students work collaboratively to choose who is responsible for which questions. and use the planning sheet to keep track of their assigned questions, the research they conduct to answer the questions and the sources they use to find those answers!
4. Presentation Carousel
- If working collaboratively, students will visit each group and take notes on what they learn about each research topic. Worksheet for notes included!
5. Student Examples
File Type: PDF & Google Slides
Total Pages: 40
Content Pages: 26