- Learn about common characteristics typically found in fairy tales focusing on setting, character types, plot and elements.
- Choose a fairy tale and analyze it by identifying examples of the common characteristics.
- Use the analysis to help Identify the theme of the fairy tale.
- Create a scary black out poem based on the theme of the fairy tale they analyzed!
1. Four pages of Teacher Directions
2. A detailed list identifying the common characteristics of a fairy tale.
3. Fairy Tale Analysis Worksheet
- Students explain how the examples they find fit with the common characteristics.
- Students explain how they will put a scary spin on the characteristics they find in the fairy tale.
4. Theme info sheet
- Defines theme topic vs theme statement.
- Theme topic: broad repeated throughout (ex: adventure)
- Theme statement: message/lesson the author reveals through the theme topic (ex: Adventure can sometimes keep you from the people you love the most.)
5. Theme Analysis sheet where students have to:
- Identify theme topics present in the fairy tale.
- Create a theme statement for the fairy tale.
6. Rubric for students to use to help them create a black out poem based on the theme of the fairy tale they analyzed!
7. Answer Key
File Type: PDF
Total Pages: 18
Content Pages: 10