Print and digital versions available!
- Google™ Slides
1. Theme Info Sheet defining theme topic vs theme statement.
- Theme topic: broad repeated throughout (ex: adventure)
- Theme statement: message/lesson the author reveals through the theme topic (ex: Adventure can sometimes keep you from the people you love the most.)
2. Theme Analysis Handouts
- Students are broken into six groups based on the following theme topics:
- American Dream
- Students have to identify specific evidence showing the theme topic and explain how the evidence relates to the theme.
- Students create a theme statement about what message/lesson Steinbeck tries to reveal through the theme topic.
- Students have to complete the same handout individually for the theme topic Loyalty.
4. Optional Group One Pager for Theme
- A one-pager a single page response allowing students to showcase their understanding of a topic, text, concept, etc.
- Students use their theme analysis handout to create a one pager on a poster. Example one pagers are included!
- Six student one pager examples are included!
File Type: PDF & Google Slides
Total Pages: 34
Content Pages: 25