- Learn the difference between indirect and direct characterization
- Identify character they believe develop (change) throughout the text.
- Analyze physical traits, actions/behaviors, private thoughts, speech, impact on others, other characters opinions and what all of this reveals about the character they are analyzing
Print and digital versions available!
- Google™ Slides
1. Character Analysis Info and Planning Sheet
- Define indirect vs direct characterization and details the 5 methods of indirect characterization.
- Mind map to help students identify characters they believe develop and change throughout the text.
2. Indirect and Direct Characterization Worksheets and graphic organizer
- Focuses on students identifying how the author reveals details about characters through indirect and direct characterization. This enables students to learn about the characters physical traits, inner thoughts, impact on others, their personality, hopes, dreams, fears and more!
3. Character Development Worksheet
- Students use their theme topic to create a theme statement and identify 4 pieces of evidence showing it is present throughout To Kill a Mockingbird.
4. Three Answer Keys
File Type: PDF & Google Slides
Total Pages: 29
Content Pages: 19