- Learn how to define imagery and identify the five senses.
- Practice identifying examples of imagery by analyzing the menu from their favorite restaurant!
- Create their own Thanksgiving party menu describing their favorite foods using imagery!
Print and digital versions available!
- Google™ Slides
1. Two pages of Teacher Directions
- Focuses on defining imagery, identifying the five senses and examples of descriptive words used to describe food.
3. Info Sheet detailing the types of imagery and the five senses.
- Visual – Sight
- Olfactory – Smell
- Gustatory – Taste
- Tactile – Touch
- Auditory – Hearing
- Kinesthetic – Movement
- Organic – Emotion
4. List of 64 attention grabbing words to describe food, to help students create their menu!
5. Worksheet for students to analyze the menu of their favorite restaurant, identifying examples of imagery and the sense(s) being appealed to
6. Rubric for students to use to create their own menu using imagery
7. Menu Templates
- There are three different versions:
- Food only
- Beverage and food
- Dessert only
- Each version includes:
- Black and white
- Version for students to color in and decorat
- Multi-colored version
File Type: PDF & Google Slides
Total Pages: 27
Content Pages: 20