- Learn the difference between a theme topic (usually 1-2 words) and a theme statement (message/lesson)
- Identify theme topics repeated throughout the text
- Create a theme statement showcasing a lesson/message they believe is repeated.
- Identify evidence to support their theme topics/theme statement
Print and digital versions available!
- Google™ Slides
1. Theme Analysis Info and Planning Sheet
- Defines theme and explains the difference between theme topics and theme statements as well as how to create a theme statement using a theme topic.
- Mind map to help students brainstorm theme topics they believe are present in Kindred.
2. Theme Graphic Organizer
- Students use their theme topic to create a theme statement and identify 4 pieces of evidence showing it is present throughout Kindred.
3. Sixteen Theme topic ideas
4. Three Answer Key
File Type: PDF & Google Slides
Total Pages: 23
Content Pages: 15