- Learn what a theme is as well as the difference between theme topics and a theme statement.
- Identify multiple theme topics they believe are repeated through a text
- Create a theme statement showing the message/lesson they believe the author is repeating throughout the text.
- Create a one pager focusing on how the author developed the theme.
Print and digital versions available!
- Google™ Slides
1. Theme Info Sheet defining theme topic vs theme statement.
- Theme topic: broad repeated throughout (ex: adventure)
- Theme statement: message/lesson the author reveals through the theme topic (ex: Adventure can sometimes keep you from the people you love the most.)
2. Theme Analysis
- Guide that helps students identify theme topics repeated in the text and create a theme statement showing the message/lesson they believe the reader can learn from the text.
- Students also identify specific events from the text that relate to the theme statement.
3. One Pager Rubric
4. Seven One Pager templates students can use to create their one pager!
- Digital versions of the templates are also included!
5. SEVENTEEN Student Examples of One Pagers!
- 6 examples for a one pager focusing on theme
- 5 examples for a one pager focusing on an act/scene summary from a play
- 6 examples for a one pager focusing on a research topic/historical figure
File Type: PDF & Google Slides
Total Pages: 55
Content Pages: 32