TWO Brochure Options: Bi- Fold OR Tri-Fold which include:
1. Planning Sheet
- Students review the difference between a theme topic (main idea repeated throughout the text that is usually one word) and theme statement (sentence stating the message/lesson the author tries to teach the reader through the theme topic).
- Students choose a theme topic and then use a guideline to create a theme statement. Students then identify events and characters that relate to the theme statement.
2. Student Directions
Directions for both the bi-fold and tri-fold option are given. Students include information such as:
- Events and characters related to the theme topic or theme statement
- Explanations of how events and characters help to develop the theme
- Create a symbol they feel best represents the theme
- Evidence from the text to support their analysis
- A rubric both the bi-fold and tri-fold option are given. Grading criteria includes cover page, content pages, events, characters, symbols.motifs, visual images and creativity!
File Type: PDF
Total Pages: 15
Content Pages: 5