- Watch the Tom Robinson trial. Please note: This resource uses the movie version of TKAM for the trial.
- Analyze the testimonies to identify evidence for the prosecution and the defense.
- Write an argumentative essay detailing why Tom Robinson is innocent.
Print and digital versions available!
- Google™ Slides
1. Teacher Directions
2. Trial Analysis
- Critical thinking questions for students to analyze the testimonies offered by each character:
- Sherriff Heck Tate
- Bob Ewell
- Mayella Ewell
- Tom Robinson
- An answer key for the analysis questions is provided!
2. Evidence Breakdown
- Students use their analysis to list every piece of evidence that they believe proves Tom’s innocence.
- An answer key is provided listing specific pieces of evidence that show Tom’s innocence.
3. Argumentative Essay
- Students use the analysis and the evidence breakdown to write a five paragraph essay claiming that Tom Robinson is innocent.
- An essay outline sheet is provided to help students structure and create their final essay.
File Type: PDF & Google Slides
Total Pages: 36
Content Pages: 26