This resource is a bundle containing THREE different products!
Print and Digital Versions Included:
– PDF Print (no-prep print and go!)
– Google Classroom (save the sheets to your Google Drive to assign to your students in Google Classroom!)
– PDF Fill In (have your students type directly on the PDF via PDF form boxes!)
The theme worksheets graphic organizers included in this resource are designed to help students practice finding theme in individual texts AND analyzing a shared theme between two different texts!
There are 10 total sheets and 7 answer keys broken down by:
1. Defining Theme
– Two sheets breaking down the difference between a theme topic and a theme statement.
– A mind map graphic organizer for students to assess their background knowledge of the literary term theme.
2. Theme Analysis Focusing on an Individual Text
– Two graphic organizers for students to analyze a theme topic (one-word main idea such as “Adventure”) in a individual text. Version one is a chart and version two is a graphic organizer.
– Graphic organizer for students to create and analyze a theme statement present in an individual text. (theme statement = a sentence stating the message/lesson the author tries to convey to the reader.)
3. Worksheets for Finding Shared Theme Between Two Texts
– Venn Diagram for students to brainstorm theme topics shared between two texts.
– Graphic organizer for students to analyze a theme topic present in both texts.
– Graphic organizer for students to analyze a theme statement present in both texts.
– Chart for students to create and analyze a theme statement (message/lesson) present in both texts.
CHARACTER ANALYSIS RESOURCES
This resource includes 4 characterization activities where students can either show their understanding of a character through a one pager or a brochure activity. There are also 15 characterization worksheets and characterization graphic organizers that focus on direct and indirect characterization and character development.
– Info sheet defining direct and indirect characterization
– Graphic organizer focusing on physical traits of an individual character
– Graphic organizer comparing the physical traits of two characters
– Worksheet tasking students to analyze direct characterization and the five forms of indirect characterization. (2 versions)
– Worksheet focusing on students analyzing the interactions with two characters and what it suggests about their relationship. (2 versions)
– Worksheets for a group activity option (6 sheets)
Students are tasked with analyzing how a character develops from beginning – middle – end through plot and character interactions.
– Worksheet focusing on how events cause the character to develop throughout the text.
– Worksheet focusing on how other characters can influence a characters development throughout the text.
– Worksheet combining both above. (2 versions)
Product Pages: 35
File Type: PDF and ZIP
FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO OPEN A ZIP FILE: