There are 3 resources included in this bundle:
- Theme Worksheets & Graphic Organizers
- Indirect and Direct Characterization Worksheets & Graphic Organizers
- Character Development Worksheets & Graphic Organizers
Print and digital versions available!
- Google™ Slides
- Two sheets breaking down a theme topic and a theme statement.
- A mind map graphic organizer for students to assess their background knowledge of the literary term theme.
- Two graphic organizers for students to analyze a theme topic (one-word main idea such as “Adventure”) in a individual text. Version one is a chart and version two is a graphic organizer.
- Graphic organizer for students to create and analyze a theme statement present in an individual text. (theme statement = a sentence stating the message/lesson the author tries to convey to the reader.)
- Venn Diagram for students to brainstorm theme topics shared between two texts.
- Graphic organizer for students to analyze a theme topic present in both texts.
- Graphic organizer for students to analyze a theme statement present in both texts.
- Chart for students to create and analyze a theme statement (message/lesson) present in both texts.
- 7 Answer Keys Included!
CHARACTER ANALYSIS WORKSHEETS
This resource includes 4 characterization activities where students can either show their understanding of a character through a one pager or a brochure activity. There are also 15 characterization worksheets and characterization graphic organizers that focus on direct and indirect characterization and character development.
- Info sheet defining direct and indirect characterization
- Graphic organizer focusing on physical traits of an individual character
- Graphic organizer comparing the physical traits of two characters
- Worksheet tasking students to analyze direct characterization and the five forms of indirect characterization. (2 versions)
- Worksheet focusing on students analyzing the interactions with two characters and what it suggests about their relationship. (2 versions)
- Worksheets for a group activity option (6 sheets)
- Students are tasked with analyzing how a character develops from beginning – middle – end through plot and character interactions.
- Worksheet focusing on how events cause the character to develop throughout the text.
- Worksheet focusing on how other characters can influence a characters development throughout the text.
- Worksheet combining both above. (2 versions)
File Type: PDF & Google Slides
Content Pages: 78